I made this box card or card in a box (I don’t know what it’s being called now-a-days) a while ago. Since then I’ve made so many I’ve become a pro at it. I consider myself a pro after making only three of them… LOL.
Although I’m having a workshop next month (to be announced later) I’ve made a Poor-man’s PDF here for you visual folks. If I’ve made a mistake feel free in email me and may or may not fix it… LOL…. you get my drift. =)
I even typed out the instructions below and made a Poor-man’s Card in a Box PDF. Don’t tell me if it’s not helpful…LOL… just kidding. =)
- Start off with an 8-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ sheet of cardstock with any color your heart desires
- On the 8-1/2″ side score at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″
- Turn it around to the 5-1/2″ side and score at 2-1/2″
- Cut three of the score lines and bend three flaps to make them droop downward (as shown in picture)
- Leave one side unfolded
- Set aside
- Cut two 1/2″ X 3″ strips from the same cardstock used to make box
- On the 3″ side score at 1/2″ and 2-1/2″
Decorate your box with decorate paper such as designer series paper with the designs your heart desires (as shown in the picture)
- Adhere the 1/2″ tab on the box on the inside and cut
- Adhere the two 1/2″ X 3″ strips toward the top of the box; this is where you will glue the embellishments as shown in the picture
- Put in an envelope and give to whom ever your heart desires =)
Just to show you that there are NO mistakes in crafting. Take a look at the picture below… see anything not quite right? Yes, ladies & germs, I stamped the underside of the flap because this was my very first card in a box. But it came out perfect! My heart desired receiver loved it! As it’s removed from the envelope imagine the sweet birthday wishes they received with a big ole‘ smile on their face.
Now go on and make one for anyone your heart desires. LOL
Pick one or the other : Only between May 28-June 30 you can take advantage of Stampin’ Up! at one of two great prices. Get $125 in product for $99 ($125 product value). Or get $55 in product for $50.
My Recommendation: Get your product for the discount with free shipping. Then receive 30% off your new catalog wish list by ordering it within the first 45 days. Either way, only you benefit from this deal.