This is the first post that has ever made me nervous. Not shaking in my pants nervous, but my stomach in knots nervous. At the same time I’m jumping up and down with so much excitement because this is my very first post as a Pals Paper Arts design team member.
Up until Tuesday it still felt like Christmas to me… maybe because the colors are a very rich representation of winter. I find color challenges the most challenging to me because I think I do much better with sketch challenges. But guess what? I now get to practice, practice, practice. HA! Go on and check out the designer team sketches.
MAGGIE MADE TIPS: Not in cash, but great crafting recommendations:
I have a very dear friend whom I’ll call Brian King to protect his identity (LOL) and he is truly the King of layering. I love his sweet simple style and while I put my card together I thought if him the entire time.
What’s the magic to perfect layering?
- Color coordination. You can choose colors that are a complete contrast to each other or colors that have very suttle color changes, like this challenge.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have an eye for color… I’m a color kluts and can’t match two colors to save my life. But……
- Don’t worry about it. That’s what color challenges are for right?! Then again, you can always use our Color Coach.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS: For the last few months or so there seems to be so much going on with Stampin’ Up! and I’ll make it easy for you to read ahead. Simply click on the links below to read each one.
- Blog Candy Give-a-way: Today is pretty much your last day to enter the blog candy give-a-way drawing from Sat., Jan. 3rd, which just happened to be my cousin Veva’s birthday.
- A Mini Paper Share w/FREE washi sheets: Great offer to try our new paper before investing in the entire pack and perfect for card-makers who don’t use two 12×12″ sheets (like me). That’s how I’m able to provide you such a GREAT price!
- Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Product: With the purchase a 3-month Pre-Paid My Paper Pumpkin kit receive FREE product instantly!
- Become a Member Not a Recruit!: When you join the my Circle with the Circle of Pals during Sale-A-Bration Stampin’ Up! is giving every new member a choice of additional FREE product!
Stampin’ Up! Product Recipe:
Tools of the Trade: